About our Dementia Courses
At the Alzheimer Society of Toronto, our Public Education Coordinators offer training to professionals in a variety of settings including long-term care homes, community agencies, supportive housing, retirement homes and workplaces. Our courses are perfect for:
- Personal Support Workers (PSWs)
- Dietary and housekeeping staff
- Health-care students
- Volunteers and friendly visitors
All dementia courses are held at our 20 Eglinton Avenue West office unless otherwise noted. We can also teach these courses at your facility upon request.
Why Take Dementia Courses?
Our dementia courses and training will give you:
- The dementia care training that employers look for.
- A better understanding of the physical changes that occur in aging and how they affect a person’s abilities and behaviour.
- A better understanding of dementia and how it affects a person’s brain and behaviour.
- Approaches to prevent or diffuse responsive behaviours.
- The skills and confidence necessary to provide excellent, person-centred care for people with dementia.
Please click the button above for all upcoming dementia courses for health-care professionals. For questions or to register by phone, please call Indra Moffett at 416-640-6307.