Behavioural Support Training Program (2 Full Days)
November 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST| $75
Location: Reconnect Community Services
Behavioural Support Training Program (BSTP) builds on the person-centred dementia care concepts introduced in DCTP by focusing on interactive activities, hands-on exercises and group discussion.
You will learn to further improve your skills in caring for people with responsive behaviours related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. You will also learn how to develop action plans to problem-solve responsive behaviours and will learn communication approaches to successfully address responsive behaviour.
By taking this course you will learn:
- To acknowledge, understand and focus on supporting clients with responsive behaviours
- How to construct and demonstrate individualized communication approaches
- How to prioritize risk in decision making when managing behaviours
- To create and implement an action plan for the purpose of problem solving around responsive behaviours
- Received DCTP or U-First!™ certification within the past 3 years, AND
- Some work experience caring for people with dementia (professional, placement, or volunteer)
Dates and Time:
Saturdays – November 23 and 30 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fee: $75 for the 12-hour program