Caregiver Concerns During COVID-19: A joint presentation from Family Councils Ontario & Alzheimer’s Society Toronto (ONLINE)
November 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST| Free
This presentation will provide attendees with an overview of Family Councils Ontario and Alzheimer’s Society Toronto organizations & supports, information gathered from families of residents in long-term care amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and best practices for moving ahead.
- Overview of Family Councils Ontario & Alzheimer’s Society Toronto organizations
- Review of data on caregiver contributions and impact in long-term care
- Summary of common concerns of long-term care caregivers during COVID-19 pandemic
- Unpacking of key themes: meaningful visits, caregivers as essential care partners, and self care
- Information on the available education and tools for families provided by both organizations
- Summary of COVID-19 considerations & key takeaways for the future
Presenters: Tiffany Fearon, Client Services Manager, Family Councils Ontario
Laura Petta, (MSW, RSW.) Behavior Support Caregiver Specialist, Alzheimer Society Toronto.
Registration is required: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/8675617744883994369