Dementia Foundations (for Health Care Professionals) – 2658 Eglinton Ave. E
October 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT| Free
Dementia Foundations: The first step in your dementia education journey.
This 3-hour course will provide you with a foundation of dementia, enabling you to enhance your knowledge in providing quality care for persons living with dementia.
By the end of this 3 hour course, learners will be able to:
- Describe Person-Centered Care
- Describe general aspects of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Interpret how changes in the brain associated with Alzheimer’s disease will affect all aspects of an individual’s life
- Recognize that challenging behaviour is responsive behaviour
- Recall services and programs offered by the local Alzheimer Society for professionals, people living with dementia and their care partners
Learners are highly encouraged to take this course before registering for U-First! Basics or Palliative care to enhance the learning experience.
Location: This is an in-person workshop at our AST Scarborough Hub.
Address: 2658 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto, M1K 2S3
Registration is required