Dementia Foundations – In person
December 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EST| Free
Dementia Foundations: The first step in your dementia education journey.
This 3-hour course will provide you with a foundation of dementia, enabling you to enhance your knowledge in providing quality care for persons living with dementia.
By the end of this 3 hour course, learners will be able to:
- Describe Person-Centered Care
- Describe general aspects of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Interpret how changes in the brain associated with Alzheimer’s disease will affect all aspects of an individual’s life
- Recognize that challenging behaviour is responsive behaviour
- Recall services and programs offered by the local Alzheimer Society for professionals, people living with dementia and their care partners
Learners are highly encouraged to take this course before registering for U-First! Basics or Palliative care to enhance the learning experience.
Date and Time: Saturday, December 10 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Workshop will be presented in person. Registration is required.