Drop-in Young Carers Support Group – ONLINE
July 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT| Free
The content of this solution-focused support group is driven by the participants, with an emphasis on the unique experiences and challenges of young carers (16 to 40 years old).
- To enhance existing knowledge of dementia and/or mild cognitive impairment, including resources and supports available.
- To share insights and experiences related to our personal caregiving journeys with peers in a supportive environment.
- To explore balancing caregiving with other areas of our lives, such as school, work, socializing, extra-curricular activities, and starting a family of our own.
- To acquire strategies related to self-care and care for our loved ones.
- To set the agenda and suggest topics for future discussion.
Each group session will begin with a review of group rules and a short grounding exercise, followed by a care-and-share.
Group meets every 3rd Tuesday from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm of every month online using Zoom.
Registration is required.