Online Bereavement Support Group (8 Weeks)
October 13 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT| Free
Offered in partnership with Hazel Burns Hospice.
This 8 week structured support group is a safe and supportive space for care partners who have lost a loved one with dementia, cancer or additional life-limiting illness to explore their grief in a holistic way.
Over the course of this group, we will:
- Grow our resilience by enhancing self-kindness and connection to our communities of care
- Engage in mindful movement techniques, self-reflection and wellness practices
- Expand our repertoire of coping skills for mourning
- Explore the uniqueness of the death experience during COVID-19
- Share our experiences with fellow group members
This support group will be offered online via Zoom, however, an in-person option for Week 4 and/or Week 8 will be made available if participants are interested.
Each week’s material will build on that of the previous weeks, so please only register if you can commit to all 8 weeks.
Support Group Dates: Oct 13th, Oct 20th, Oct 27th, Nov 3rd, Nov 10th, Nov 17th, Nov 24th, Dec 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Marina Machado, Social Worker (email@example.com).