June 6 @ 12:00 am - 11:55 pm EDT| $80
U-First! Online is offered on the e-learning platform Alzeducate. It is a 3 week course with a blended format. Activities are released on a weekly basis and learners can self direct their learning provided all activities are completed by the end of the week. There is also a live mandatory 1 hour webinar that learners must attend during week 3 of the course. There will be 2 time options that learners can choose from.
U-First!® is a training program that helps non-registered health care providers develop a common knowledge base, language, values and approach to caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive impairment.
The U-First! Program will help you:
- Understand that there can be many reasons why you might see behaviour changes in the person
- Flag the possible changes that you may see when you are supporting the person
- Interact in a new way with both skill and a common understanding of dementia and other cognitive impairments
- Reflect and report on not only new behaviours you may see in the person you are supporting but also share your strategies and tips with the team
- Support the person and their care partners in everyday activities
- Know that you are part of an important Team in caring for the person
Training date: June 6 to June 27
Webinars on June 23rd (12:00 pm and 8:00 pm)
To register: http://www.alzeducate.ca/course/view.php?id=218