What is Coffee Break?
Coffee Break is an annual fundraising and awareness event coordinated by local Alzheimer Society chapters across Ontario. Organizations are invited to host a Coffee Break any time during the month of September in celebration of World Alzheimer’s Day. Hosts support the Society by collecting a donation for every cup of coffee served or for each Forget-Me-Not Cut-out signed.
Whether they like it black, regular or double-double, Canadians have been coming out year after year to support Alzheimer Society Coffee Breaks. Last year, Coffee Break raised over $1.1 million.
Where does an Alzheimer Coffee Break take place?
Large corporations, small businesses, hospitals, schools, service organizations, health-care facilities and private residences are just a few examples of ideal places to host coffee breaks. You can organize an event — large or small in your community, workplace or home.
When does it take place?
The 23rd annual Alzheimer Coffee Break kicks off in September and continues throughout the month and into October.
- Official Launch Date: September 20, 2019
- All proceeds go toward the Alzheimer Society of Toronto
- You can serve coffee for donations or give out a symbolic paper cut-out of a Forget-Me-Not Flower.
- Average donations start at $1 to $2
How to Host a Coffee Break
Hosting a Coffee Break is a simple but effective way to raise funds for a great cause.
- Register with us by filling out the Host Registration Form OR call 416-640-6315 to register over the phone.
- Choose if you’d like to serve beverages at your event, use Flower Cut-outs, or do both.
- Secure a location(s), and set a day and time for your Coffee Break.
- Request the supplies you would like in your kit (e.g. coffee, cut-outs, brochures, posters, donation containers, etc).