Support groups are facilitated by our registered social workers and available to anyone touched by dementia.
People with dementia
Family or friends of people with dementia
Health-care professionals such as personal support workers (PSWs)
Benefits of Joining a Dementia Support Group
By joining a dementia support group, you will:
- Meet and get to know others who are going through similar experiences.
- Have the opportunity to discuss topics that are relevant to your situation
- Learn more about the disease and how to care for someone.
- Offer peer support to people with common experiences.
Types of Support Groups Offered
Some of the support groups offered include:
- Young Onset Support Group
- Frontotemporal Dementia Support Group
- Lewy Body Dementia Support Group
- Vascular Dementia Support Group
- LGBTQI2S+ Support Group
- Spousal Support Group
- In-person Caregiver Support Group – The Hub
- General Caregiver Support Group