Support groups are facilitated by our registered social workers and available to anyone touched by dementia.
People with dementia
Family or friends of people with dementia
Health-care professionals such as personal support workers (PSWs)
Benefits of Joining a Dementia Support Group
By joining a dementia support group, you will:
- Meet and get to know others who are going through similar experiences.
- Have the opportunity to discuss topics that are relevant to your situation
- Learn more about the disease and how to care for someone.
- Offer peer support to people with common experiences.
Types of Support Groups Offered
Some of the support groups offered include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease Support Group
- Young Onset Support Group
- Frontotemporal Dementia Support Group
- Lewy Body Dementia Support Group
- Living with Ambiguous Loss Group
- Men’s Cooking Group
- PSW Support Group
- Vascular Dementia Support Group
JOIN A SUPPORT GROUP
Upcoming Support Groups
Lewy Body Dementia Caregiver Support Group – ONLINE
June 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
Drop in Long-Term Care Home (LTC) Caregiver Support Group – 2658 Eglinton Ave East
June 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Young Onset Caregiver Support Group – Zoom
June 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
LGBTQI2S+ Caregiver Support Group (Ontario-Wide) – ONLINE
June 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT