U-First!® for Care Partners
May 5 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm EDT| Free
What is U-First!® for Care Partners?
U-First!® for Care Partners is a new education program for family and friends who are providing direct support to someone experiencing behaviour changes as a result of dementia or other cognitive impairment.
This 6 hour education program will help you to:
- Enhance well-being of care partners and of the person they are supporting who is experiencing behaviour changes
- Reduce responsive behaviours by using the U-First!® framework
- Improve collaboration among all team members through a common knowledge, language and approach to care.
Education Session Dates: (you have to attend all three days)
Wednesdays – May 5, 12 and 19
Time: 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Who should attend?
U-First!® for Care Partners is for family and friends of people experiencing behaviour changes as a result of dementia or other cognitive impairment who provide direct support for that person in an unpaid role.
What’s involved in the program?
- Interactive learning approach that has participants reflect on their experiences, engage with new content, practice using a variety of methods including case studies and plan for how they will implement what they have learned.
- Learners receive a Participant Workbook and a U-First!® Wheel to use during the program and keep as useful resources for applying their learning.
- Learners will also be invited to take part in an evaluation to better understand the effectiveness and outcomes of the program. In addition, a sample of participants will be invited to take part in an interview with the Evaluator. All learners will be invited to participate in evaluation activities but will not be excluded from the program if they choose not to participate in the evaluation.
What’s the cost for the program?
There is no cost for participants of U-First!® for Care Partners.
Please note that there will be additional screening of all interested participants to ensure there is a fit between the program and participant.