U-First!® Advanced is a new education program for health care staff who provide direct care, who have already taken U-First!® and want to enhance their skills and ability to apply the U-First!® Framework.
This 6 hour education program will help you to:
Date and Time:
- Deepen your understanding and ability to apply the U-First! Framework
- Improve collaboration among all members of the team, including care partners
- Increase the wellbeing of people experiencing behaviour changes
- Reduce stress and increase job satisfaction for you and for others on the team
Date and Time:
Saturday, April 6th from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Program is presented In-Person at our AST Head Office.
Address: 20 Eglinton Ave. W. 16th Floor, Toronto, M4R 1K8
(Northwest corner of Yonge and Eglinton, across the street from Yonge and Eglinton subway station. Our office tower is to the left of Metro Grocery)
1) Must be currently in a healthcare role supporting people experiencing behaviour changes due to dementia or other cognitive impairment in a team setting (i.e. LTC, retirement home, Adult Day Program etc.)
2) Must have previously taken part in a U-First!® Basics for Healthcare Providers or U-First!® Online course. It must be at least 6 months or more ago that the course was taken, to allow participants to have had the chance to practice the U-First!® framework.
Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the training requirements.
Registration is required.
Registration deadline is Wednesday April 3rd, 2024