U-First!® is a training program that helps non-registered health care providers develop a common knowledge base, language, values and approach to caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive impairment.
The U-First! Program will help you:
- Understand that there can be many reasons why you might see behaviour changes in the person
- Flag the possible changes that you may see when you are supporting the person
- Interact in a new way with both skill and a common understanding of dementia and other cognitive impairments
- Reflect and report on not only new behaviours you may see in the person you are supporting but also share your strategies and tips with the team
- Support the person and their care partners in everyday activities
- Know that you are part of an important Team in caring for the person
To register for the U-First!(R) online course, you must have an Alzeducate account. Signing up for an Alzeducate account is free.
Register for an account or sign up for a U-First!(R) online course here