Increase your knowledge and understanding of Alzheimer’s disease by taking a course, webinar, or workshop online or in-person.
This workshop is for health care providers and staff who provide direct care to people with behaviour changes due to dementia or other cognitive impairment. This workshop offers the participants an opportunity to build on and practice skills gained from dementia training programs (such as U-First!). Through a case study approach, participants will have an opportunity to work as a team and develop a supportive action plan for persons living with dementia who are experiencing responsive behaviours.
This workshop will use case studies to help you:
- Recall the behavioural and psychological impact(s) of dementia
- Describe the 7 Domains of Well Being
- Recognize that behaviour has meaning specific to the individual
- Develop person-centred support strategies
- Develop a supportive action plan as part of a team
Participants must have completed either ONE of the following:
- U-First! Basics
- Dementia Care Training Program /ODCTP
Training will be online using Zoom, registration is required.