The first step in your dementia education journey.
This training program is aimed at enhancing the baseline knowledge of frontline staff in caring for people with dementia.
This 3-hour course will provide you with a foundation of dementia, enabling you enhance your knowledge to provide quality care for persons with dementia.
By the end of this 3 hour course, learners will be able to:
• Describe general aspects of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
• Describe Person-Centered Care
• Interpret how changes in the brain associated with Alzheimer’s disease will affect all aspects of an individual’s life
• Recognize that challenging behaviour is responsive behaviour
• Recall services and programs offered by the Alzheimer Society of Toronto for themselves and their clients
Check for upcoming program sessions in our calendar, or call us to get started.