Living with Ambiguous Loss Support Group – Zoom
April 12 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT |
This 4-week online caregiver support group will provide an opportunity for care partners of individuals living with dementia to come together to support each other through the caregiving experience, with a structured focus on the concept of “Ambiguous Loss”. This group is inspired by Pauline Boss’ book “Loving Someone With Dementia
– Develop an understanding of the concept of “Ambiguous Loss” and ambiguous loss in the context of dementia, and how this unique type of loss differs from other losses
– Develop coping strategies to implement in their own lives
– Obtain a better understanding of their own experiences of grief related to caring for their family member
– Engage in self reflection and share insights related to their caregiving experience
– Learn from others on adjusting to the losses and their own changing relationship to self and others
This group will run for four consecutive weeks online using Zoom (zoom information will be provided via email at least 24-48 hours prior to the start date).
Session dates: April 12th, 19th, 26th and May 3rd from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Registration is required and closes on April 8th, 2024.
We kindly ask that you complete the registration form if you are most likely able to attend all/most session dates listed. Please check your junk/spam if you do not receive a confirmation email upon registration.
If this schedule does not work for you at this time, you’re encouraged to check out our ongoing support groups that are available for registration month-to-month. See a list of upcoming support groups here
If you need registration support, please contact us at: email@example.com